.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

johnny dollar's vault

retro pop culture and various local observations and ramblings.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Baltimore, Maryland, United States
johnny dollar's vault resides in the basement of stately dollar maisonTM, amongst the wine cellar, tiki bar, and finicky electrical panel. from time to time i will unearth various artifacts from either there or from the random crevices of my mind.

please visit the new and improved pig cookin' post!

NOTE: this blog will NOT deal with any recent pop culture (i.e. since about 1990) or topical issues, so if you're looking for discussion about britney baracko jacko flacco, look elsewhere, lol

Tuesday, August 28, 2007

roy rogers rrules



in case you were wondering or had forgotten, roy rogers burgers kick a$$.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do they still have the Double-R-Bar burger? God, I loved that thing when I was a kid. I miss all the fast food joints of my youth that are gone from my old neighborhood. These include your Hardee's, your Roy Rogers, your Bojangle's, your Gino's, your Jack in the Box and your restaurants like Mr. Steak. I'm sad now.

12:48 PM  
Blogger johnny dollar said...

yeah, sc, they still have double r-bar burgers, fries in a holster, fixin's bar, etc. etc. this particular one is in fredneck - probably the closest location to baltimore.

http://www.royrogersrestaurants.com/index.cfm/mode/Locator/Container_Id/302/Container_Top_Level_ID/302/Franchisee_State_Prov/MD.htm

1:31 PM  
Blogger John said...

I haven't seen a Roy Rogers in ages. The last time I saw one was years ago in BWI.

10:33 PM  
Blogger johnny dollar said...

according to their website, there is supposed to me one open by now in westminster ~
Six Baltimore Blvd.,
Westminster, MD, 21158

it would be cool to verify this.

8:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not just the burgers, all of their food is fantastic. Love the chicken, love the fries. It sucks that we in the city have to go so far for the RR food.

I remember many years ago there was a TV ad that involved a guy at a baseball game with a bucket of RR chicken. A hit ball goes straight into the chicken bucket as the announcer says "It's a foul ball!" (Heh.) Dozens of hands go into the bucket, and when the melee clears the guy reaches way in and pulls out the baseball.

2:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home