.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

johnny dollar's vault

retro pop culture and various local observations and ramblings.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Baltimore, Maryland, United States
johnny dollar's vault resides in the basement of stately dollar maisonTM, amongst the wine cellar, tiki bar, and finicky electrical panel. from time to time i will unearth various artifacts from either there or from the random crevices of my mind.

please visit the new and improved pig cookin' post!

NOTE: this blog will NOT deal with any recent pop culture (i.e. since about 1990) or topical issues, so if you're looking for discussion about britney baracko jacko flacco, look elsewhere, lol

Friday, October 31, 2008

happy damn halloween


few things are as good as when we were kids [/angry old man], but at least they still put out the sugary monster cereals this time of year.

btw, independent taste test, frankenberry is by far the best, although as a kid i think i thought booberry was the best since it was so hard to find compared to f-berry and the count chocula.

4 Comments:

Blogger Summer said...

We did this taste test a few years ago as I was apparently a deprived child for not having tasted any of these as a kid. I found them all to be so sweet I couldn't enjoy them... but I love the way my hubby says "Boo Berry". It causes hysterical laughter. Probably when any adult male says it actually BOO BERRY.

Happy Halloween!

9:36 AM  
Blogger El Pelon said...

Off topic, I apologize.

You have a photo of aluminum Christmas tree assembly instructions at Flickr. I recently wrote an article about the long-lost aluminum Xmas trees of the 60's at my Boomer nostalgia blog, irememberjfk.com. Could I have your permission to use your image? I'll give you a big fat link back to whichever blog you like, of course.

Thanks--

Ron E.

8:41 AM  
Blogger johnny dollar said...

sounds good, ron e - why the heck not, you could just link it back to that particular blog entry.

early happy merry,

j$

8:55 AM  
Blogger johnny dollar said...

p.s. the blog post is http://jjohnnydollar.blogspot.com/2007/12/aluminum-christmas-tree-deployment.html

9:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home