.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

johnny dollar's vault

retro pop culture and various local observations and ramblings.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Baltimore, Maryland, United States
johnny dollar's vault resides in the basement of stately dollar maisonTM, amongst the wine cellar, tiki bar, and finicky electrical panel. from time to time i will unearth various artifacts from either there or from the random crevices of my mind.

please visit the new and improved pig cookin' post!

NOTE: this blog will NOT deal with any recent pop culture (i.e. since about 1990) or topical issues, so if you're looking for discussion about britney baracko jacko flacco, look elsewhere, lol

Friday, May 25, 2007

it was thirty years ago today



episode iv? wtf?




wow, ship.




omgz ship!!!1


i was six years old when my mom took my friend and i to the pike theatre on rockville pike to see star wars. it was later in the summer, of course. although i was only six i remember it very vividly.


if you are an old fart remaniscer like me, you know deep down that HAN SHOOTS FIRST...


some top-notch star wars nostalgia here...


5 Comments:

Blogger Malnurtured Snay said...

There's nothing like the smell of Rodian frying in the morning ...

10:06 AM  
Blogger johnny dollar said...

...it smells like... teen greedo...

10:15 AM  
Blogger NPR Junky said...

You guys are so goofy. I wasn't even alive yet, and that saddens me. I never had that experience; I will NEVER be able to say, "yeah, I dressed up like Yoda and went to see it when it first came out."

Damn it.

11:06 AM  
Blogger johnny dollar said...

well waiting in lines for empire and jedi were great childhood memories. i never dressed up as anything though :D i ain't gonna wax all philosophical bout it...

12:59 PM  
Blogger Finkdaddy said...

I saw it first in the 57 Drive-In in Grafton, Wisconsin. I saw it 9 times in the theatre. It's funny how when you watch it now you find so much 70's slang in it.

3:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home