.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

johnny dollar's vault

retro pop culture and various local observations and ramblings.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Baltimore, Maryland, United States
johnny dollar's vault resides in the basement of stately dollar maisonTM, amongst the wine cellar, tiki bar, and finicky electrical panel. from time to time i will unearth various artifacts from either there or from the random crevices of my mind.

please visit the new and improved pig cookin' post!

NOTE: this blog will NOT deal with any recent pop culture (i.e. since about 1990) or topical issues, so if you're looking for discussion about britney baracko jacko flacco, look elsewhere, lol

Tuesday, November 13, 2007

dayton allen: why not!, 1960


i bought this album years ago based mostly on the merits of its album art. but it is a gem of a silly comedy album by dayton allen, who was a recurring comedy guest on the steve allen show. you most likely would know him as the voice of deputy dawg. the album is of 1960 vintage.

i got around to making a digital copy for my bro, who oddly enough likes silly comedy. now i share it with yallzin.

go to to get it from rapidshare @ http://rapidshare.com/files/69555849/Dayton_Allen.zip.html . if you don't know how to download from rapidshare, go here. WHY NOT!

12 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

A message from the aforementioned bro: if you don't like silly comedy, shame on you! Thanks to j$ for the digitization of silly content.

Blogless bobbyh

9:42 PM  
Blogger johnny dollar said...

anything for a bro...

9:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Many thanks for the Dayton Allen digitization.I used to watch him on the Steve Allen Show years ago.
My bro & I are also big fans of silly comedy.
Silly Me

7:54 PM  
Blogger johnny dollar said...

why not!

8:46 PM  
Blogger steve simels said...

Just found this.

I'm stunned. This was my favorite album when I was twelve, and I've been looking for it for decades.

Obviously, its never gonna be on CD.

Thank you, is what I'm trying to say.

2:14 PM  
Blogger johnny dollar said...

glad you enjoy it!

9:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I also loved this album when I was a kid. Thanks for making it.

12:07 AM  
Blogger johnny dollar said...

why not!

2:08 PM  
Blogger montyman said...

Hey Johnny- The link is removed on Rapidshare-could you repost?

10:42 AM  
Blogger johnny dollar said...

hi montyman - i would love to - the files are on another computer that i have to get up and running again. i will try to do so asap, but it may take a week or so - so please check back here in about that time - sorry about that ~

9:44 AM  
Anonymous Dan said...

I've been looking for this album for years. I listened to it over and over again as a kid. ( "What makes a criminal tick?" "I don't know any criminal ticks...I know some gangster cockroaches and some pretty mean fleas, but no criminal ticks.") Unfortunately, like one poster mentioned, it's been taken off Rapid-Share. Can you re-post? Thanks a lot. April 3, 2011.

8:27 PM  
Blogger johnny dollar said...

hi all, i know it's weird to post this years later, but i have gotten my old computer working again. if anybody still is interested in this album please let me know. j$$$$$

1:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home